Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bittersweet Changes.

He made it. Solomon did. He is so hilarious. Christy-Anne was laughing so hard at his wise cracks, she had to excuse herself after a mere 15 minutes in the same room with him. And the new car is quite awesome! This afternoon, I drove Solomon to Atlanta, dropped him off at the airport, and drove back. Everyone I've run into has said they think the car suits me better. Darren, from work, said, "This is so much more of a 'Carly' car." I couldn't agree more.

So George might buy my little corolla. Now that it's fixed, with a brand new alternator and battery, it'll be perfect for what George needs. He's gone home to south Georgia... But he'll still be working at Starbucks because they have a store near his hometown. He'll move back here when he's ready to. In the meantime, I'm going to miss one of the greatest people I've met since moving here. He's been there for me since I pretty much met him. It's not going to be nearly as fun without him around. I'll have to make the best of things, I guess. And road trip to south Georgia some time, kidnap him, take him to the beach or something... With this new car, it shouldn't be any trouble. Solomon got to meet George yesterday, though! And I was so happy about that. I really enjoy connecting my two worlds together in that way. Going to dinner with Solomon and George and then watching a movie together at my house... It was wierd, but so wonderful.

Later, after George had to leave, Solomon said, somewhat out of the blue, "So, uh... George."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah.... He's pretty freakin' awesome."

"You have no idea."

He also thought Christy-Anne was great too and he enjoyed making her laugh. We talked about school and relationships on the way to the airport and he said, "You've got a pretty great thing going on out here." And even though George has gone home and I won't see him nearly as often, I have to admit that I do. Things really are great. Bittersweet, but still great. And I'm excited to see what happens next. I guess we'll see.

Currently listening to:

Regina Spektor
Begin to Hope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home