Monday, September 11, 2006

Events!

The last week and a half have been interesting, to say the least. And eventful! With Solomon, my new car, George leaving, school, music night and parties... I haven't had a lot of time to just sit and relax. But it's so much better than having nothing to do! I have a social life these days and it's nice!

Like last night, I went to my friend Tony's 23rd birthday party. A coworker and I went in on a special French press from Starbucks and he nearly died from his excitement. Tony is a coffee connaisseur, so it was the perfect gift. I mean, he loves coffee so much, our friend Beth made him a delicous chocolate Espresso Roast cake and brought coffee-flavored cigars! He loved it all. We also had the privilege of eating fresh sushi, made by our favorite Japanese ninja, Saori! Oh man, it was so good. Later, our friend Chris showed up bestowing a bottle of chianti. Christy-Anne took a picture of me drinking it and making the worst face ever. I'm just not a red wine person. But I did smoke one of Beth's coffee-flavored cigars and that was different. You could actually taste the coffee in it!

It's so nice to hang out with cool people. As opposed to people who aren't cool... Anyway.

School's going really well. My classes have my attention. The only one I struggle with is Foundation of Western Culture, but it's mostly because my teacher likes to listen to himself talk and he's not very lively. I have to force myself to pay attention in that class. However, one thing I will say about it is there is a guy in the class who's life aspiration has always been to be a real pirate someday. Today, he showed up to class with tattered pants and he wasn't wearing shoes. He seriously wants to be a pirate! And he was very upset today when someone in class cheapened the role of Ghandi in human history. Don't upset a pirate who loves Ghandi, that's all I can say!

In other news, I found out Elise shaved her whole head due to reactions to the chemotherapy and I'm seriously considering shaving mine to support her. I would donate my hair to Locks of Love... I'm still praying about it. George said that if I do it, he would do it with me. And that would be cool. Bald Buddies. I'm not sure. Christy-Anne has been talking to me about it, because she shaved her head last year when she went through chemo treatment for Hepatitis C. She said it's hardcore, but she would support me if I wanted to do it. But we'll see. I haven't decided. Christy-Anne and I did get Elise's bear from the Build-A-Bear store on Sunday. I'd originally wanted to make her a lion, but they didn't have one. So we went for the bear, because it's still strong and grizzly. We got it on video too. I think she'll love it.

Okay, and if you wanted a little more detail about music night, here it is...

I played six songs, one of them I had written that day and it went over really well. And here are those new lyrics:

Now

I don't want to be where you are now
I don't want to be where you are now
Why should I be?

You live in a different world now
You live in an empty world now
You are barely free

You read your books in the dark and
I don't want to be the one who tells you
You can't see
You've got your blindfold on
Waiting for someone to kiss you and
It's not me

I won't answer the phone now
I won't answer your emails now
They're not what I need

You are so crazy now
You've lost your mind now
This I guarantee

You read your books in the dark and
I don't want to be the one who tells you
You can't see
You've got your blindfold on
Waiting for someone to kiss you and
It's not me

3 Comments:

Blogger George Chaney said...

I can't wait to here the new song in person when I come up there! You are great and I love the new pics. they are awesome!! I love you and miss you sooo much!!!!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Lauren O. said...

i like the song. Especially the chorus.
nice!

1:12 PM  
Blogger amyh said...

You look fabulous in the Montero, my dear!!!

And is that a CIGAR you've got?!?! Hehehehehe, you're awesome. HUGS!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home